31 October 2007

Bye Winamp, Hello Foobar2000

I've been using Winamp since I first started listening to MP3s. I think that was 2001. I'm not sure though because it has been a long time. I've tried every other media player back there but I keep coming back to good old Winamp. It's light on resources, not bad looking and it just plain works.

With the new Winamp 5.5 and it's great looking Bento skin and album art support, I thought it just became perfect. But I've been getting a lot of crashes with this version and I can't wait for the next one.

Luckily I found the latest beta of foobar2000. I've been using this for months now as a ripper but never as a ripper because it just looks ugly. And I don't have the time and knowhow to configure it to look decent.

That was then. Now with the new version I was able to come up with this layout in minutes. It finally looks decent to me and usable. I'll continue tweaking this and see what I come up with.

No comments: